To build business agility and resiliency, IT teams require unified solutions that bridge an organization’s technologies, locations, teams, and devices
- Cloud Management for Cisco Catalyst™ gives customers the option to bring the simplicity of the Meraki® Cloud to their existing Catalyst deployments.
- New Cisco Nexus Cloud SaaS offer, powered by Cisco Intersight® platform, simplifies IT by providing a cloud-managed platform for cloud networking.
- ThousandEyes WAN Insights will soon be available to Cisco SD-WAN customers as the first pivotal step toward delivering on the Cisco Predictive Networks vision.
Today, Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) announced its vision to enable IT teams to work smarter and simplify their operations with new innovations in cloud-managed networking and unified technology experiences.
Today’s business environment is predictably unpredictable. Organizations depend on digital experiences to keep their workforces productive and ensure they are exceeding expectations for customers and partners. To build business agility and resiliency, IT teams require unified solutions that bridge an organization’s technologies, locations, teams, and devices.
“IT environments have become overwhelmingly complex, especially with the move to hybrid work and cloud. This is creating a network and overall IT experience that is more fragmented, less secure, and difficult to scale,” said Dave West, President, Cisco Asia Pacific, Japan, and Greater China. “We believe that unified IT experiences are key in delivering business agility across ASEAN. The power of our innovations comes from their ability to provision, manage, and forecast IT issues from a single pane of glass, enabling businesses to deliver seamless and secure world-class digital experiences to customers without downtime.”
Cisco Enables Unified IT
At Cisco Live, the premiere networking and security event, Cisco unveiled new cloud management capabilities that provide a unified experience across the Cisco Meraki, Cisco Catalyst and Cisco Nexus portfolios – and a new Cisco ThousandEyes product to proactively forecast and optimize WAN performance. These innovations highlight Cisco’s strategy to provide customers with the agility, resiliency, and productivity that their businesses need to thrive in the face of unpredictability through the power of cloud-managed platforms.
“Our customers choose to run their businesses on Cisco technology because we sit at the intersection of networking, security and cloud,” said Todd Nightingale, EVP and GM, Cisco Enterprise Networking & Cloud. “We believe the network is the foundation for the modern enterprise and must deliver agility through simplicity. Cisco is addressing our customers’ most important concern, which is managing complexity through smart, data-driven platforms that power a digital business.”
The Future is Cloud-Managed
Cisco is advancing its networking platforms so customers can securely, logically, and seamlessly transition toward more cloud-based operating models.
- With Cloud Management for Cisco Catalyst, customers can now monitor select Catalyst Switches and manage new Catalyst Wireless devices through the Meraki dashboard, bringing increased visibility and flexibility to the customer experience. Campus and branch networking customers can now simplify their IT operations by combining the best in cloud management with the best in networking hardware.
- Announcing Cisco Nexus Cloud, a cloud-managed platform delivered as-a-service that provides the simplest way to deploy, manage and operate cloud networking. Powered by Cisco Intersight for best-in class switching and multicloud management, Cisco Nexus Cloud will extend customers’ ability to manage across public cloud, private cloud and edge computing environments of any size or scale. Cisco Nexus Cloud is targeted for availability in the Fall 2022.
A Predictive Future
Driving superior digital experiences matters more today than ever before. Poor customer or employee experiences leave lasting and damaging impressions. IT teams need access to solutions that will allow them to shift away from reacting to networking issues and instead be proactive to prevent the issues impacting their business.
Customers can now take advantage of Cisco’s advancements in predictive networking via Cisco ThousandEyes, the industry’s leading internet and cloud intelligence platform. ThousandEyes WAN Insights is the first step toward delivering on the Cisco Predictive Networks vision, empowering enterprise IT to move from reactive to preventative-based networking, improving operational efficiency and assurance of application experience. Coming soon, ThousandEyes WAN Insights proactively alerts IT teams to issues before they happen and harm user experience, offering policy recommendations and path optimization guidance. Alongside ThousandEyes’ unmatched view of Internet health and behavior, the addition of ThousandEyes WAN Insights helps to empower customers to maximize their Internet and Cloud-centric environments and deliver flawless digital experiences.
Simplifying Security at the Edge of the Network
Announced last week at the RSA Conference, Cisco unveiled a unified Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) solution. Cisco+ Secure Connect Now is an as-a-service, cloud-managed solution available to customers via a single subscription. It provides customers with a SASE solution that is quick to deploy and easy to manage, radically simplifying how organizations connect and protect users, things and applications.
Customer and Partner Reactions
Customers and partners have expressed excitement about Cisco’s vision to unify IT teams. View the quote sheet to read their reactions.