Vectra AI Platform arms security operations centres (SOC) with the integrated signal to deliver extended detection and response (XDR) for hybrid attacks at speed and scale
Vectra AI, the frontrunner in employing AI for the identification and management of cyber threats, has introduced the Vectra AI Platform, featuring its patented Attack Signal Intelligence™. This innovation aims to furnish enterprises with the amalgamated signals essential for realizing extended detection and response (XDR). The Vectra AI Platform seamlessly merges Vectra AI’s signals from public cloud, identity, SaaS, and network, with prevailing endpoint detection and response (EDR) signals. This equips Security Operations Center (SOC) teams to effectively counter the escalating complexity and scope of hybrid attacks.
The surge in the migration of applications, workloads, and data to hybrid and multi-cloud settings has led to compartmentalized and intricate threat detection and response procedures. The absence of a proficient solution against advanced hybrid attackers subjects security teams to a cycle of amplified attack surfaces, evasive attacker techniques, alert inundation, and subsequently, excessive workload and burnout among SOC analysts.
Recent research highlights that 63% of SOC analysts note an enlargement of their attack surface in the past three years, while 67% are overwhelmed by the daily influx of alerts. The Vectra AI Platform empowers security teams to match the velocity of contemporary hybrid attackers by identifying behavioral anomalies that evade other tools. Through AI-powered analysis of attacker behavior, the Vectra AI Platform streamlines the assessment, correlation, and prioritization of security incidents, thereby powering the concept of XDR.
According to Jay DePaul, Chief Cybersecurity & Technology Risk Officer at Dun & Bradstreet, the emphasis remains on outcomes rather than acronyms. He emphasizes that Vectra AI facilitates achieving the ultimate goals of thwarting advanced adversaries, modernizing security operations, and enhancing cyber resilience.
Distinguished analyst Jon Oltsik from Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG) underscores the interest among security professionals in utilizing XDR to overcome challenges in threat detection and response. With prevailing tools struggling against intricate threats, requiring specialized skills, and lacking in alert correlation, XDR presents itself as an appealing option. In essence, Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs) seek XDR tools that enhance security effectiveness, particularly in detecting advanced threats, while concurrently streamlining security operations and boosting staff productivity.
Realizing Unified Signal Coverage Across Hybrid Attack Surfaces
The Vectra AI Platform seamlessly integrates both native and third-party attack signals across hybrid cloud environments, encompassing AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Azure AD, diverse networks, and endpoints utilizing the preferred Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) solution. This integrated signal empowers security teams to:
- Address more than 90% of MITRE ATT&CK techniques, utilizing patented MITRE D3FEND countermeasures.
- Combine AI-driven behavioral detection, threat intelligence, and signatures to create a precise depiction of ongoing attacks.
- Track attacker movement across data centers and various cloud settings, fostering comprehensive threat hunting and forensic investigations.
Automating Hybrid Attack Detection via Real-Time Attack Signal Intelligence
The Vectra AI Attack Signal Intelligence employs patented AI to automate the identification, classification, and prioritization of threats across hybrid cloud environments. This is achieved through:
- Pinpointing attacker behavior through multidimensional analysis, thereby distinguishing genuine attacks from the multitude of activities. Patented Privileged Access Analytics (PAA) concentrate on accounts with substantial utility for attackers.
- Customizing AI to discern between malevolent and benign events in the unique client environment, leading to an 80% reduction in alert noise.
- Assigning priority to entities (hosts and accounts) based on their urgency and significance, ultimately saving SOC analysts over three hours per day in triaging alerts.
Streamlining Hybrid Attack Investigations with the Respond UX Analyst Experience
Vectra AI expedites investigation and response processes by offering comprehensive investigation tools that cater to analysts of varying expertise levels. Notable features encompass:
- Immediate Investigations that furnish analysts, regardless of skill level, with concise guidelines to delve into prioritized entities facing attacks.
- Advanced Investigation, which enables thorough forensic analysis of Azure AD, Microsoft 365, or AWS Control Plane logs directly within the platform’s user interface (UI).
- AI-Assisted Investigation, employing large language models (LLMs) to provide analysts with an accessible method to acquire a holistic context regarding entities under attack.
Executing Targeted Responses via Native and Integrated Ecosystem Actions
The Vectra AI Platform affords human control over response actions by providing a range of response options, both native and orchestrated through over 40 ecosystem integrations. This facilitates:
- Manual or automated locking of accounts or isolation of endpoints.
- Activation of security orchestration and automation (SOAR) playbooks and workflows.
- Simplification of incident response processes through efficient ticketing, communication, and escalation.
Embracing a Hybrid SOC Model with Vectra Managed Detection and Response (MDR)
Given the increasing volume and diversity of high-velocity hybrid and multi-cloud attacks, SOC teams are under strain. The Vectra AI Platform presents an avenue for enterprises to bolster their security capabilities through Managed Detection and Response (MDR) services, which include:
- Shared roles and duties for monitoring, detection, investigation, hunting, and response.
- Collective analytics concerning attacker behavior and evolving tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Transparent insight into service level agreements (SLAs), metrics, and reporting.
In a digital landscape constantly evolving with sophisticated threats, Vectra AI’s innovative platform marks a pivotal step towards bridging the gap between detection and response. By seamlessly integrating AI-driven insights from diverse domains and automating the interpretation of attack signals, the platform empowers security teams to not only keep pace but outmaneuver modern hybrid attackers. As organizations navigate the complex terrain of cyber resilience, Vectra AI’s commitment to outcome-driven solutions ensures that the relentless pursuit of security remains unimpeded by mere acronyms, safeguarding the digital realm with vigilance, efficiency, and unwavering resolve.
“The current approach to threat detection and response is fundamentally broken, as more organizations shift to hybrid environments and security teams continue to face increasing cloud complexity, alert fatigue, and analyst burnout,” said Hitesh Sheth, president and CEO of Vectra AI. “As the pioneer of AI-driven threat detection and response, our best-in-class platform delivers the most accurate integrated signal across the hybrid Enterprise to make XDR a reality at speed and scale.”